Brussels, Belgium to Paris, France with a mistake that turned into an adventure

Morning!!

I arrived in Brussels around 7am. Didn’t get a lot of sleep on the plane because they were so behind on serving us dinner. So I think I only slept about 3 hours. And it was so cold :( I should have packed a jacket or sweater for the plane ride. BUT! I did have an empty seat next to me! So it was comfy. 

Here is me and the empty seat next to me. It’s pretty rare to have that happen on an international flight!

After I got off the plane, I had almost 2 hours until the other Ah-Yi’s arrived so I washed my face, brushed my teeth, and freshened up. And then I found a corner to sit with my luggage and I took a short nap. I felt like a brand new person afterwards! Hahah

When the other Ah-Yi’s arrived in Brussels, Belgium, we headed to the train station. It’s like Marta. This is us on the first train, where we attempted to get to Brussels-midi, but we ended up getting on the wrong train and going an hour past our station. And we almost didn’t notice! So we got off at Antwerp, an entirely different city, and got back on another train. We were 2 hours late for our train to Paris, eek! I was worried but I tried to roll with it. 


It’s so interesting seeing this new country that I’ve never been to. There’s so much to be amazed at. I saw sheep, horse, pastures, beautiful buildings, and old train stations today. So even though we got on the wrong train and were late to our next one, I tried to make the best out of our experience. It was definitely an adventure!
We didn’t get seats on our train to Paris, because we missed the original one we were supposed to be on….but it was okay! We still got on to a later one. And even though we couldn’t sit down, at least they let us stay. We stood in the food bar area and chatted for the whole ride, which was about over an hour.  

We made it to Paris!!! 

We’re on an Uber to our Airbnb, that’s the place where we’re gonna sleep at for the next few nights. 

Dressed and ready to go out to explore the city! It rained a bit but I borrowed Ah-ma’s umbrella. I’m grateful that I had it!

We went to a really good French fare restaurant. We had snail, bone marrow, chicken, and beef bourgignon. It was so delicious! And we talked to the table next to us, they were from Canada and they speak English and French fluently!!

We ended the night with a bottle of wine at a restaurant and we sat outside. It was cold but we loved chatting and people watching. Paris is such an interesting city!! 

Jacob and Leona, do you think you would want to go visit Paris someday too? 

I hope you guys had a wonderful Friday at school. I miss you all, tell Daddy I love him. Can you attack him with some kisses for me? :) thanks!!

(4:50pm Atlanta time / 10:50pm Paris time)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First full day in Paris

Last day before heading back home!!!

Last Day in Paris & back to Brussels