Last day before heading back home!!!

   Hi guys!!! How was your day everyone?? Did you have the day that you hoped to have?

Today was our last day in Europe. I’m sad to be leaving because we didn’t get to do all the things we had wanted to do, but I’m also looking forward to being in the comfort of our home and family. 

Above is our daily mirror selfie. 

Then we went to breakfast at a local restaurant. We had ginger shots because some of the ah-yi’s don’t feel super well. It was very spicy, but I liked it!

This was my drink- a golden latte which had tumeric, cardamom, and oat milk. It was surprisingly delicious! 

And my avocado toast with cream cheese and two poached eggs. It was pretty good but also super big, so I was too full after I finished.

And on the way we go to explore Brussels!

We stopped at a chocolate shop. Belgium is known for its chocolate. Or it’s one of the things that it is known for. And there are chocolate stores everywheeeereeee. Rachel and Jen Ah-Yi bought two hot chocolates to drink while we walked. I didn’t drink one because my tummy hurt, and I can’t drink that much milk. But I did buy Jacob and Leona some hot chocolate cubes to enjoy at home!!




We went to Grand Place again during the day. It’s just so awe-inspiring. 

This is a statue of a peeing boy. It’s very small, but very famous. It’s been here since 1613, which was an extremely long time ago. And since then, it’s gotten stolen a few times. I think that makes it even more famous haha. Just like the Mona Lisa. Also, Jacob, I’m amazed at how much you have learned about the Mona Lisa!!


We walked a few more hours this morning, stopping here and there so the other ah-yi’s can buy stuff for family. We also stopped by a beautiful cathedral, which is a Catholic Church. When you go inside you have to be really quiet. It feels very serious, but also amazing inside. 

Here is a pretty shopping area

And a picture of Jen and Hao Ah-Yi buying some souvenirs. 

And then we headed to a restaurant that we found online. We tried to go last night but it was raining and we had to wait outside for a long time to get a table. So we decided to go early tonight to get a table. And we did!! It was very small inside. It felt like eating at someone’s house. The food felt like home cooking! 







For our appetizers we had octopus, pate (which is liver), and radishes. All very delicious!!


I went back to the Grand Place tonight to just enjoy the views one last time!

We just had a snack of frites, which is what Belgians call fries. They serve them with different sauces, but usually mayonnaise is the most popular. Now we are very full and very sleepy. Overall, we had a great trip. I enjoyed being with my friends and seeing all kinds of beautiful and historical things. I’ll tell you more if you have more questions when I get home!!

I hope you guys are getting sleepy too, and that you get some very good rest tonight!!! Can’t wait to see guys!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First full day in Paris

Last Day in Paris & back to Brussels